Who YOU Are
The Shift Leader is a natural born leader with a passion for delicious food, working with people to create it, and an understanding of how excellent service creates the unique service experience at lloyd. The Shift Leader should be a fast paced person, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, they know the ins and outs of all things that are going on within the restaurant and dining room, who can lead the team, manage your resources and problem solve while encouraging those around you and our guests to enjoy their lloyd experience.
What You Will DO!
The following are the desired outcomes of the lloyd Shift Lead
- To aid the Chef in overseeing daily culinary activities, including the preparation and cooking of meals, planning and assistance with opening/closing procedures, prep team game plans, ordering supplies, and supervising kitchen staff
- To ensure every customer receives a Five-Star experience.
- To oversee and assist with daily line shifts, covering breaks, filling in when needed and communicating with the guests. You are the liaison between restaurant and guest.
- Live and embrace the lloyd Core Values.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or truck workers engaged in food preparation when Chef is not present
- Assist in determining production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food to ensure that health and safety standards are met
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow appropriate standards and regulations
- Oversee the ordering of food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation, checking the quantity and quality of received products
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards
- Take proper action on equipment & building repairs as needed
- Assist in monitoring production for food trucks and assurance truck workers act efficiently and expeditiously upon their return to the building.
- To count down drawers, issue and record drawer counts, deposits and tip outs.
- Coordinate breaks per shift, hold pre shift meetings for each shift to let the crew know of changes, specials and general good news.
- Other duties as assigned, including assuming responsibilities of direct reports when necessary
- A valid state driver’s license with clean driving record